Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Day 15

Dropped the kids off at daycare, then stopped by Umstead State Park on the way in to work for what was supposed to be a quick morning run. Turned out to be 9.5 miles in 1:29! Not bad (for me) considering the hills and 3 x 1 minute walk breaks I took.

I ran the Loblolly trail (~2.1 miles), then turned right onto the Bike & Bridle trail. For some reason I thought that if I ran the South Turkey Creek & North Turkey Creek trails, then ran down Gralyn (Powerline Hill) and down the corkscrew, finishing with a push up Reedy Creek Lake Road, it would be ~5.5-6 miles. Oh well. It was a fantastic run and a good workout. I even passed some casual cyclists on the final hill!

Legs feel good, but I did have some right leg IT band tightness in the middle of last night (DMC was up several times again!). It's coming back now so I may need some new shoes. My current pair (Saucony Ride) have ~600 miles on them but still feel great.

16 runs/15 days

No comments:

Post a Comment