Search This Blog

Friday, July 17, 2009

Day 31

Wow, that was tougher than I expected. After taking D to his 18 month checkup (3 shots, but that stud did awesome!) and dropping the kids at daycare, I stopped off at Umstead State Park for a run. Down Reedy Creek Lake road, up the Corskscrew, then Cedar Ridge Trail, returning on South Turkey Creek and then the Loblolly trail (~2.75 miles of single track).

Maybe the humidity and 70F+ dew point did me in. I covered ~7 miles in ~70 minutes. That was with walking some of the early uphills for practice and the later ones because I had to. I had 20 ounces of lemon-lime Nuun, but it was gone in ~40 minutes. I drank another 12 ounces of water when I finished and then another 20 ounces of Nuun on the drive into work. Safe to say I was a bit dehydrated.

Need to finish up some work now and enjoy my last caffeine binge day. Starting tomorrow I begin cutting back and will hopefully be caffeine free by next Wednesday or Thursday. Plan to stay that way for 1-2 weeks, just to spice life up a little bit!

30 runs/31 days

No comments:

Post a Comment