Search This Blog

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Day 32 & 33

Day 33, Sunday July 19th. Yesterday got in a 4 mile run with the kids, had to power-walk some of the hills as my legs just didn't have any oomph. The rest of the day was...taxing. But a fun day.

Today...whoa...J went for her long run (13 miles) in Umstead State park. I met her at mile ~8 and ran the last 5 with her, again pushing the little ones in the double wide. Mostly was OK, but the last hill nearly killed me. She flew up it, I was severely struggling to not get dropped off the back! That section gave me 5.5 miles and it took 1 hour, including a short break when she stretched.

I then got an awesome surprise by getting to run solo back to the car. I ran ~2 miles of single track and then dirt road for ~5K, for a grand total of 10.6 today. The last 5.1 was in 49 minutes. Spent the rest of the day at the pool, so my legs are a but tired (about 30 trips up the slide stairs)! After logging my miles, I saw that I am...0.2 miles short of 1000 for the year! Oh well.

So...almost a third done with this 100 in 100 challenge, and only 1 run down. I'll take it!

32 runs/33 days

No comments:

Post a Comment