Search This Blog

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Days 59-61

Day 59 = Friday. Run cut short because of major foot pain. Stepped on a rock less than a mile in and my whole foot started hurting...a lot! I even changed to a new pair of kicks with more cushioning to no avail. My guess is either deep bruise or nerve thingy.

Day 60 = Saturday = No run. Foot still a little sore, but the day just became too hectic to fit one in.

Day 61 = Sunday = Awesome longer run (16.3 miles)! Ran the 1st 5.5 pushing the little darlings in the stroller, up the corkscrew and cemetery hill in Umstead State Park. That was the final 5.5 miles of J's 17 miler. It was very oppressive, with the occasional blast of what felt like 50F air. Weird. That took us ~1 hour, then I got to run solo and did another 10.8 in ~1:47, including 3.3 miles of single track (Sal's Branch trail), some good hills (Group Camp road, Reedy Creek Lake road), and 3 stops to refill my water bottle and take a gel. I continue to be amazed at how good I feel running uphill these days. It still hurts, but I don't feel like I need to stop or slow down as much, and when I get to the top I can just keep going to recover. Even with ~70 ounces of water, 8 ounces of chocolate milk, 12 ounces of Coke, a small french fry and McChicken sandwich from McD's afterwards, I was 4 pounds lighter after the run! I feel good though. Ankles a bit stiff, but I past 700 miles in these shoes with today's run, so...

59 runs/61 days

No comments:

Post a Comment