Search This Blog

Monday, August 10, 2009

Days 53-55

Day 53 = No run! After working so hard to get back on pace too!

Day 54 = A very tough 11 mile run. I met up with J at 11.5 miles for her and ran back to her car with her, pusing the kids. That was both kids in the double stroller UP the corkscrew and UP cemetery hill in Umstead. Oi! I thought I was OK, but about 5 minutes after packing the kids in the car and heading back to my car solo, I realized I was in trouble. It was hot out for one, and humid. Granted, the way back is probably easier in term sof total up/down hills. I decided to push the pace since I was going to be out for "only" 11 miles. I made the return 5.5 miles in just over 48 minutes, but it took me out. The final half mile uphill section I chased a cyclist up and nearly keeled over at the top. I was redlined for the last few hundred meters!

Day 55 = a very hot 5.1 miles around NCSU and Centennial campus. The predicted temps for today were 99-100F, the highest of the year so far. It was 94F with a heat index of 100 when I headed out 12:45P. It was 97F with a heat index of 103F when I got done 48 minutes later. It was actually a pretty fun run. I took it real easy (for obvious reasons) and took a few walk breaks as well to drink my water. There was a pleasant breeze on Western Blvd that helped a little.

54 runs/55 days

No comments:

Post a Comment