Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Day 48b, Day 49a

Monday afternoon: ran 3.6 miles in 30 minutes on the dreadmill. 5 min warmup at ~9:00 pace, then intervals of 7:30 pace with equal time recovery at 8:57 pace (8 and 6.7 MPH), all at 1% incline.

4 x 30s
4 x 1 min
2 x 2 min
1 x 4 min (1 min recovery to end of workout)

Felt surprisingly good, not that hard to keep a 7:30 pace. Is it possible I'm making progress in overall running ability?
------------------------

Tuesday morning: was going to get out early (~5:30A). Was awake and getting out of bed at 5:40, when I heard a very odd noise outside. Both cats were outside, and J went to check. Turned out to be an owl that was dive-bombing the yard. As she walked outside, she walked through a huge spiderweb so immediately got in the shower. No big deal, I can still make it out by 6:00-ish...yeah...D wakes up almost immediately, and while I'm trying to rock him back to sleep, G wakes up crying for "mommy". So J got out of the shower to see all three of us in our bed!

I was still able to get out for a quick 4 miles, though, making it home by 6:50. It threw my normal morning routine all into chaos though! Today might be the day I go back on the 'juice' (caffeine). It's been 12 days. I proved my point!

47 runs/49 days

No comments:

Post a Comment