Search This Blog

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Day 9 of 100

Painful run this morning. For those who know the area, I ran the Company Mill Loop in Umstead State Park, but did it as a 'Figure 8'. I ran from the Harrison Avenue parking lot to the bridge, turned right and made my way to Reedy Creek road. Then I turned left and went up Cemetary hill to the trail intersection, turned right and ran the 1.5 mile section of the CM trail back to Reedy Creek road, turned right again and went up Cemetary hill a second time, then went left on the CM trail back to the bridge and parking lot. Kinda like this, although the distance aren't correct. Total distacne according to trail maps was 7.2 miles and I finished at around a 10 minute pace (no watch). Good hill and trail work overall. It was humid and I was drenched at the end.

I fell pretty hard at ~6 miles, kicking a rock and landing on my side. It hurt my toe more than anything, and I once again used my water bottle to break the fall, although my right elbow hit pretty hard. After that, I kinda fell apart, kicking roots/rocks 8-10 more times, all with my left foot. My big toe HURTS now! Two of those caused me to almost hit the ground again. WTF? I'm either out of practice running trails or my new foot strike isn't conducive to trails. Need to work on this.

I'm hoping to sneak in another short run this afternoon before I get to go pick-up the kids. We'll see how I feel.

10 runs/9 days

No comments:

Post a Comment